Hello! It's Friday, October 15th, 2021. Hope your week has gone well.
1) The ALCS between the Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros begins tonight. I'm not as excited as I have been in years past. My interest in sports kind of diminished a few years ago. I've still gone to Astros games. Heck I based a Seattle trip around an Astros series this year. I had always wanted to go to Sea so the Astros-Mariners series was kind of an excuse to go. I of course would like the Astros to go all the way, but if they lose to the Red Sox or in the World Series... I'm not going to be heartbroken.
Sad, but not heartbroken. It's entertainment @ the end of the day.
2) This week's playlist includes artists and bands Psymon Spine, Remi Wolf, Moon King, Pom Pom Squad & Peggy Gou. I would describe the playlist as "vibes & grooves". Vibes & grooves on this halfway point (just about) Friday of the month. Moon King aka Daniel Benjamin has this bendy, tensile voice that makes several of the tracks I listened to of his this week more than a one trick pony.
Remi Wolf's - "Anthony Kiedis" is a little bop. Some of the lyrics may be a little on the corny side, but it kind of fits w the nature of the song. It's loose, it's fun, it's a vibe, it's a bop.
3) I think I'll put the track names in text going forward on top of having the YouTube videos in the actual post because I know the videos don't show up in emails and sometimes I don't always go over all 5 songs. This way people don't have to actually even go to the blog at all anymore :,)
1) Psymon Spine - Jacket
2) Remi Wolf - Anthony Kiedis
3) Moon King - Survival Of The Strongest
4) Pom Pom Squad - Head Cheerleader
5) Peggy Gou - I Go (Edit)
I appreciate you reading. Hope your weekend is a good one.
(Depending on when you come across this post - a YouTube link may not be working)