Howday. It's Friday, August 20th, 2021. Hope your week has gone well.
Playlist Friday returns from a two week hiatus. I've said this before, but no more hiatuses are expected for the remainder of the year. This blog is almost a 100% mini-side diary for me. I say this because 3 people read the last Playlist Friday. I believe a couple Playlist Fridays this year have gotten 0-1 views.
I definitely don't blog for money. That is for sure.
1) I got up extra early this morning so I could post this. I didn't want to miss another post. The saying that it's harder to get a thing going than doing said thing is always the truth. Doesn't matter what it is. Could be going for a 1 mile walk to doing laundry to getting started on a project, etc.
2) I turned a year older this week. I'm officially 32. I don't really like it, but turning 31 and 32 didn't bother me as much as turning 30. 30 felt big. 30 felt bad. I know it's still relatively young in context of hopefully living to 70-85, but just knowing your 20s are officially over forever. It was a little unsettling at first.
3) I miss Seattle. I already have dates to go back next year planned, but I haven't officially booked it yet. Who knows what's going to happen w covid. After last year nothing would surprise me. A few bands cancelled their tours this week. NIN, Deftones, Garth Brooks, BTS, etc (those are the artists I saw online at least). So hopefully it's not a sign for bigger things worldwide in the future w more shutdowns, etc.
4) This week's playlist begins with Jordana's "Reason" and it may be my favorite song of the year. I first discovered her by doing this weekly playlist a year or so ago. She was one of the artists I first heard while trying to find songs to put on the blog. It was the song "I'll Take It Boring". Which is a catchy little bop. "Reason" feels like a different level. I believe she's only 20. Sky is the limit for her.
5) I absolutely love iced coffee. I don't think there's a Playlist Friday post on the blog where I haven't made it and not had a glass of iced coffee by my side. Listening to music, drinking iced coffee, typing before the sun comes up hits different. It's the little things in life sometimes.
6) If anyone is actually reading this - hope your weekend is a good one.
7) And just in case no one is reading this, I'll pat myself on the back before getting ready for the day.
(Depending on when you come across this post - a YouTube link may not be working)