Wednesday, November 13th, 2019. Hi out there.
- I went to see tennis yesterday. Took a day off from working to do so.
- There was a mini-patch where the weather was actually not too bad.
- The sun was out. The sun really helped between noon-3pm.
- After 3pm though... it was flashbacks from last year when I went.
- Dropping temps, brutal winds, shaking while I drink my drink.
- The extra layers helped a little bit. I also brought a blanket.
- There's only so much you can do to protect yourself in the cold.
- I would definitely not survive in Alaskan winters.
- The tournament itself I really enjoy.
- It's free. Free parking too.
- The tournament is a nice mix of rising players, top/mid level players who are coming back from a setback or injury and want some match play and also the small tourney type players who make a living of playing these types of events to begin with. It's really cool to see all of them together.
- I like walking from court to court watching the different matches.
- I spoke about this a couple weeks ago, but the George R. Brown Tennis Center is the perfect facility for this particular tournament. It's not big. It's not super small. It's just the right size. That's what she said...
- I got to take some pics with my iPhone 11 pro. I do like that phone.
- Cy Young winners reveal is tonight. I'm interested in that.
- The whole Astros cheating drama broke when I was at tennis yesterday so I was late to all of that. It just makes my head hurt. I might talk more about that tomorrow.
Until then... thanks for reading.